Friday, June 15, 2012
Time, Again
It's been a while since I posted. Spring semester nearly killed me, with four powerpoint presentations, four finals, and one final paper. Seriously, professors shouldn't do this to students. After a month's worth of recovery, I'm finally feeling alive once again.
Last post, I talked about time, and the funny thing is, I just realized the title reminds me of the movie "In Time". I wonder why I didn't mention it...
Another funny thing is, the conflict I talked about in the last post has been resolved. I have no idea how, but it just seems like nothing happened at all. Since I was busy most of the time, I really didn't have time to talk to them or deal with it, considering the fact that I already gave them my input, and they didn't listen. At the end of the semester, they became best friends again. Honestly, I was happy for them, but I was also very annoyed. I'm not saying they shouldn't be friends again, but, they dragged me into it and all of a sudden they're okay now. THEN WHY FIGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE! Geez. Again, waste of time. Instead of enjoying each other's company before you graduate, you fight and then realize it was a mistake. All the stories about fighting to become better friends/boyfriends/girlfriends, I don't know about that...Maybe in the beginning to understand each other. But if you have to fight, there's honestly no point if you don't communicate.
Anyways, I think I'm ranting again. I was going to post about something unrelated to that conflict, but I suppose just thinking about it made me annoyed again.
Yesterday, we had a dinner party at my house, with our family friend, who's my violin/viola teacher, her husband, her kid, her friend, and my mom's cousin. It was quite interesting, despite the fact that in the beginning, my mom's cousin was talking to my teacher's husband about random things that I wasn't concerned with. Then, my mom and her cousin started talking about the "old days", like how adults do. My mom is the youngest of six children, and her father is the oldest of ten, so we're from a pretty big family. Of course, when you have big families, conflicts and dramas would occur. So, they started chatting, and it was funny listening to them talk about how this other cousin is a self-centered, princess of the entire family, and this great-aunt is a stingy person who kicked this cousin out, and so on. They're all relatives that I've never met, nor even heard of, which is why it makes things even more exciting. During the story-telling, there were incidents of serious mis-communication or conflicts that really broke up the family, but would resolve years later. The thing I learned from this (besides the fact that my family's a little crazy) is, time is a gift. It is not only money, but also a cure. It really depends on how you use it. Some people live their lives regretting that they hadn't done something when they had the chance, and once time ran out, the chance is gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment