Sunday, April 22, 2012

Time is Money



I haven't posted for the longest time, because I've never had the time to stop and actually type up one. Now I'm just procrastinating on numerous papers and presentations so I might as well update a little. It's kind of scary how much time has passed though, considering how I only have 2 weeks of school left. I recently just saw a note my friend wrote, which is related to this post. She talked about her friendship with her other friend, who's also my friend, and I was kind of surprised. Well, I felt a little...it wasn't that I felt unhappy, because I should be glad that things worked out for them, but it made me wonder why all the drama happened in the beginning.

 Basically (I hope they don't see this), they came to the U.S. and became apartment-mates/roommates/suite mates (whatever). They hit right off and became really close, like sisters. Then, this year, I heard some complaints from A, and I thought they were reasonable complaints...but A is usually an uptight person who never ever confronts people. In a way, she's like me...I tend to rant a lot when I get annoyed, but the difference is I actually approach that person I have conflicts with in the end. Because I'm friends with B, I told her that it would be better to just talk to B and have it clear between the two of them. Then, B started telling me things about A, and about how A generally likes to talk about things behind people. I told B that people tend to do that when they're frustrated...and that A doesn't mean anything personal. It's just how A is, though it's probably not the right approach to solve issues. B said she had enough of that, so basically they became on bad terms with each other. That was fall semester, when I had a class with them. Although I was closer to B at first, I became closer to A afterwards, so when I went to class, I usually sat next to A. I felt awkward and worried because they sounded like they were enemies, when they used to be like sisters.

 I don't know what happened and how things changed, but, today I read a note by A. She was recollecting memories of how she met B and included a lot of pictures. B commented below and they sounded like sisters again, as if nothing happened. So I was just sitting in front of the screen...wondering why I worried in the first place. I mean, it's good that they're on good terms again, but, I felt like the whole situation was just unnecessary drama that I got dragged into the middle of it. All the stuff with "she did this, she said that" reminded me how much I hate drama. Heck, they're older than me...I guess, age is really a number after all. 

Anyways, all in all...drama wastes time. Sure, you can argue that people get to know more about each other through that. But really, sometimes, it's because people forgot about how good each other is that they get into fights in the first place. Just, next time, don't get me involved please.

No comments:

Post a Comment