Thursday, June 21, 2012

Midnight Hunting


I thought I was going to actually sleep earlier tonight, but I guess that's not the case, considering it's already 3:49A.M. I really should stop sleeping so late. Originally, I was going to head to bed at 2am, but then I felt like looking for this old Sony audio recording device that I had years ago. So, what do you know, I started digging through stuff in my room. Unfortunately, I only found the tapes and the mic...all but that dumb device! To think, all the time I used looking for that device, I could have found more than twenty Waldos by now.


 Luckily, I did manage to find some interesting things that made me laugh and got me thinking:

1. Old receipts I found around the shelves and in my treasure boxes...the newest was from 2010 (when I bought my itouch, which I lost...), and the oldest was 2006 (I think it was receipt for a digital watch).


2. UNO cards that I've forgotten we even had in the house. Still pretty new-looking.


3. Old Hello-kitty notepad, which still contains contacts from my elementary and middle school friends (and their birthdays...I guess I was always a keen person, at least in that field).


4. In my black mini-locker where I usually put stuff that's from before I moved, I found one of my best friend's picture. I think it's her 6th grade picture, but I'm not sure exactly. I really don't remember how I got this picture...but I think she gave it to me. I know myself...I'm definitely not the stalker type.


5. A postcard that is definitely more than four years old. I don't even remember when the person sent it to me. I read it again, and noticed how I don't even recollect the details. It's funny, because this person is someone I haven't talked to for a while, for personal reasons. When I re-read the postcard, I can kind of remember how our friendship was like, but I didn't dwell on it. The past is past, like all the dust that collected around these memoirs.


6. A slip of paper with two quotes that I wrote back when I used to love writing in cursive (I think that was 5th grade when I started learning it).I can't figure out which book it's from...but I definitely remember reading these lines somewhere at some point in time...


Quote: "Why won't you play with me?" the cub was asking its dead pack (p.22).
The cub's welcome changed to a whimper. "Are you hunting me? Why?" (p. 25).


There were also various things I found, but not as interesting. Anyways, my main point is that it's funny how things that might be insignificant to you right now might become a point of interest to you years later, after you find it again. That's why now I really learned that it's important to keep things that you want to save as a physical memory. And that's also why, I WILL START WRITING DATES ON CARDS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment