Monday, August 8, 2011
Self-control
Self-control is something everyone should have, especially as you grow older.
Self-control is like an "autopilot" button that you press when you're in danger of losing yourself.
Self-control is your inner-self maneuvering you through land mines.
Self-control determines your true age, and reveals a different "you", or maybe the "real" you?.
Self-control is almost like an emotion. Or is it emotionless?
Most of the time, I have pretty good self-control, like when it comes to shopping, eating, teaching students, doing hw instead of procrastinating (well, maybe not as much), etc. But there are still certain things that I lose self-control to. I guess it makes sense, because we're humans, not robots. We can't be expected to control all of our actions, reactions, and emotions. Knowing all these, I still dislike losing self-control, because I see it as a weakness. Lack of self-control means you give into your bad habits. In other words (as odd as it sounds), I lose to myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

...and when you lose to yourself, it seems to be the worst loss.
ReplyDeleteI totally understand your thoughts, when you lose self-control you feel like you're not able to control anything else.
Hope that's not the truth.