Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Friendship

I've come to realize that I have a wide range of friends, yet they all share one similarity. Well...two. First is, they're all nice, genuine people with morals (makes sense, otherwise I wouldn't be friends with them). Second is, they all love to pick on me. I mean, I can literally name all the nicknames I have from different circles of friends:

1. CP (caramel popcorn, long story...I don't even remember)
2. CPU (comes from the previous one. actually, they usually like to say CP....UUUUU!)
3. CP (no, not caramel popcorn...it got upgraded to "Caution Please")
4. Blueberry (the only normal one on this list)
5. Hazard (as in, "walking hazard")
6. Jigglypuff (another long story, that I definitely remember, involving strawberry yogurt)
7. Guo Guo (meaning fruit in Mandarin)
8. Yang Guo Guo (upgrade from the previous...basically added the Mandarin for lamb because "Mary has a little lamb" don't I love that one...)
9. Yang Zong (President Lamb)
10. Mary the Pooh (I don't even know why)

So...yeah, that's quite a list. And they'd say stuff like "Oh, you pulled a Mary", or "Haha, that's a Mary joke". Or embarrassing comments like, "You're so cute" and "You're a dumb dumb", stuff that I don't even know how to react to besides give an awkward and embarrassed smile. I sometimes wonder why I'm friends with them, haha jk. I'm getting off topic. Anyways, my posts are mostly serious thoughts on life. This time, it's not that serious, but still a piece of thought, on friendship.

Friendship is like mining gold. Sometimes you find real gold, and sometimes you find fool's gold. But, unlike the typical gold miner, you don't want to sell your gold. Instead, you want to keep that gold, not because of the monetary value, but because you found it. Friendship is also like a mirror. The more friends you find (true friends of course), the more reflections of yourself you see. And, surprisingly, your friends tell you a lot about yourself that you've never noticed. I guess that's why people say "You can tell a lot about someone just by looking at their friends" (well, something like that).



P.S. I just realized the simile I made sounded like finding friends= gold digging= gold digger. Ehhh, no, I don't mean that hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment