Here I am again, posting in the middle of the night. This time, it's due to insomnia, because something happened today. It was just a conflict with my mom, but still, I can't sleep because of it. Now, I'm typing with no light omitting with the exception of my itouch screen, listening to the wind brushing through the trees. They sound like the waves of the ocean for some reason.
What happened today reinforced my previous thoughts on life. No matter when, no matter how old you are, there will always be waves and waves of conflicts, big and small, rushing toward you. Sure, some waves you can avoid by jumping over because of previously gained experience from similar waves. Others, you face them head-on and hope that you don't get drowned by them. With each wave you overcome, you gain experience as well as endurance. Life is tough. Whoever says life is easy is just ignorant or in denial. Maybe a little too cynical for a 21-year old to say this haha.
Just, weird and random thoughts.

Hey! I'm glad you're posting again (:
ReplyDeleteIndeed. Life is not easy, but no one told it was. Nevertheless, face the waves do require a lot of courage and that's what makes the life interesting. I'm not saying fight or be upset is a good thing, but it's part of the process. It's not that we can avoid it anyway. Maybe you get used to the waves, or just learn how to swim. I think that's what you meant by experience. And I must say whenever I learn how to swim, it seems like I often forget how to do it properly - is this an infernal trick?
P.S.: I hope everything is fine now between you and your mom :)
Hey, so sorry for the late reply. People usually don't read my blog, so I don't really check for comments >.<
ReplyDeleteI would read your blog, except Portuguese is definitely not one of the languages I know, haha.
I agree completely with what you said. If life was predictable, it would be boring. I'd rather live in an ocean than a pond ;) Plus, without waves, there would be no direction for the organisms living in the ocean, and then there would be no expansion, and etc (I'm going all bio now haha).
My mom and I are fine. I just feel that adults sometimes act like children: difficult and unreasonable. lol.
Once again, thanks for following me and reading my rants ^^;