Monday, May 30, 2011
A Year's Reflection
I haven't posted for almost a year, and I didn't even realize it. People use their blogs mostly to update on things in their lives, but mine's more of random thoughts, like I mentioned in the first post. So, here are my reflections after I finished my sophomore year of college. It's not as dense as my other posts, just casual update on my life.
This academic year, I met a lot more people than before, and saw different sides of my friends. In academics and music, I learned to manage time in a way that I didn't kill myself during finals. However, what I lost was time to hang out with friends and to relax. Good thing is, when spring semester came, I used badminton as my stress-reliever because I was under a lot of pressure from classes, school organization, and parents. I succeeded in organizing a fashion show for Asian Night, which I couldn't have done without my fellow colleagues and friends. Some of them helped backstage, while others were out in the stage as models. Even though it was stressful, it was still fun interacting with my friends to pull off the show. And, I heard it was very well-received by the audience compared to last year's. I feel fortunate to have such supporting friends as my friends.
So, after finishing sophomore year, what are the changes?
Well, I feel, the same honestly. I'm still the same person. I like to joke, a lot. I still laugh non-stop at random things. I still have permanent dark circles, yes even in the summer. What changed is I feel more pressure, more responsibility on my shoulders. I think I'm beginning to be more lenient on certain aspects. For example, before, I assumed that my principles should be followed amongst my friends because, that's just how it is between right and wrong. But then I realized that everyone's different, and some people have not been taught the same, or have not learned why some things are right and some things are wrong. Enforcing my principles only made things harder on myself because I had too many expectations, so I was easily disappointed. Now, I became more easy-going and more open-minded. But, I still refuse to let loose my own rein on myself. I guess I make my life harder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment