Friday, August 5, 2011

Mindful (Original)

Remind me of the times
We sang along the nursery rhymes
The Humpty Dumpty,
The Twinkle Twinkle,
The Ring-around-the Rosy,
The Pop-goes-the-Weasel.

Remind me of the times
We sang along the nursery rhymes
The chorus of children's singing
The waves of children's laughing
The patterns of children's clapping
The footsteps of children's dancing

Simple images fly by
My eyes like

meteors    
                  shooting

                                 across
the
            starry
                              summer  

                                              sky

Not   p  i  x  e  l  a  t  e  d,  but blurred
No crystal clear words, but murmured
Honest hopes and proud promises.

Surely you might think:
such selected simple
scenes, sounds, structures,
seem shockingly shallow

But below this work's surface,
You just might see
How this orchestrated a purpose
That is, to understand me.

Now I liberate the nostalgic
Memories, full and thick,
As I type along the clock's tick-
tock tick,
and more tickety-tock
And no one can be a critic,
For no one can mock
Or mimic

These simple words
To present these simple
Yet mindful

Thoughts
                 Stories
                             Dreams
                   And
Memories



(For some reason, I had the urge to write a Canon, at 3am. But the time spent in writing music is unpredictable. Sometimes it takes 10-15minutes, and most of the time it takes weeks. I changed my mind and decided to write a poem instead, because I would be able to finish before the sunrise. So, I was right. It took me less than an hour.)

No comments:

Post a Comment