Friday, April 19, 2013

Appreciation

This week has been crazy, first with the bombing that occurred at the Boston Marathon, and then the shooting that took place at MIT. I just came back from bowling with my friends today, and I have to admit that I am buzzed as I'm typing this. I have this tendency to say the most sentimental things, even though I'm just buzzed. I guess it's because I always hide my true feelings when I'm sober. When I drink, I tend to say things that I don't have the guts to say...like how much I truly love and appreciate my friends. I feel sad and ashamed that I never have the guts to say it when I'm actually sober. Because of what happened the past few days, and because graduation is coming up, I feel the greater need to say how I really feel. Maybe one of these days before I graduate, I'll get drunk and just spill it all out. But I'm afraid I'll lose control and start babbling and crying about how much I'll miss my friends. That's one reason why I haven't been drunk yet. I don't know how I will behave if I lose control of myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment