Wednesday, March 10, 2010
First words
Recently, I've been thinking about starting a blog...don't really know why... Maybe because I have some thoughts that I want to write down. I thought some of the things might be meaningful so I might as well share them with those who drop by to read. I'm not a philosopher or a deep thinker. Nothing of the sort. I'm more like a "ranter". Don't even know if that's a word, but in my definition, "one who rants".
Yesterday, I went to listen to a recital. One of the pieces they played was Hindemith. I have to admit I wasn't really paying attention to the entire recital. One, because I don't really understand Hindemith that even if I paid full attention to the details, I still wouldn't understand it. Two, there was a guy sitting near the front with the craziest hairdo...he looked like a mad scientist who blasted his hair from mixing chemicals....kind of reminded me of Albert Einstein..but crazier than that. He kept on bobbing his head to the music that I couldn't help but laugh. I mean, if you saw him, you would have laughed too. Of course, I stifled my laughter for the sake of the recital. I think it's kind of rude that he came to the recital looking like that...Anyways, that's beside the point. My point is....I thought to myself that one day, when I listen to Hindemith again and actually understood it...wouldn't it be interesting to remember how I didn't understand it before? Like....a math problem. One second, you have absolutely no idea why a square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't a square. The next second, you get it and wonder how is it that you didn't understand before. So yeah...I just think that's pretty interesting...
Like I said...I'm a "ranter". I tend to talk about the randomest subjects...I bet if I look back at my first post after a while, I would be wondering why I typed these words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment